Saturday, April 3, 2010

Dreams



Dreams... they say dreams are the windows to your most inner desires. They say dreams are the messages God delivers to us. And, there's this one particular dream that I can't really forget. No matter what I do, no matter what I am/was doing, my thoughts drift off to that dream again.

I can't remember the exact date, but it somewhere in the 'ber' months back in 2009. I was getting ready to sleep around 9:00pm, since I had school the next day. The lights flickered off and my brother and mother started saying their prayer before sleeping.

"Dear Jesus, Thank you for the nice house, good food and a happy school...."

It always starts, after that, I completely forget what my brother tries to say. And at that particular night, I decided to pray my own prayer, instead of listening to my sibling's. Finally finishing, I grab on to my favorite Hello Kitty pillow and close my eyes. I slowly drift off to sleep, not knowing what the Lord had in store for me.

I seemingly opened my eyes, seeing that I was in an arcade. With the games around and noises, I recognized it easily. It must have been around 6:00pm around that time, since I saw that outside, the sky was turning darker and darker as every moment passed. And then... he appeared. At first, I didn't really know who he was, but my mouth moved on it's own. "Arthur!" I called out. And when I heard it, I promised not to forget it anymore. The boy turned around, finally revealing his face. He was white, with squinty eyes and black-ebony hair which reached up to his chin. He was obviously Asian. He had glasses and he was wearing a jacket. He was with a friend of his, a boy. He smiled at me and started walking toward me. He took my hand, and then, it just faded there.

After a bit, another image began to fade back in. I was in a house... it looked Japanse or something, I can't really tell. I guess I was older, seeing I had long hair then, and that, I seem to grew taller. Then, I saw him again, now, his hair was shorter, he looked like he was in his late 20's. He smiled at me and I realized, he had a ring in his hand. He reached out to me again and took my hand.

My finger had a ring as well.

And after that, my mom had to wake me up which was around 5:30am, to do the daily routine to get ready for school. But, I didn't want to sit up yet. I stayed in my bed for 5 more minutes, promising to myself never to forget that dream or the name. And until now, it still remains in me, still fresh in my memory. His distinct features and everything. Since that day, I became 'in love' with someone that had only appeared in my dreams.

If you heard the song "Falling Slowly" by The Swell Season, you must know the first lines "I don't know you, but I want you" fir perfectly here. As of now, I'm still in love with that person, and I won't really stop. Who knows, maybe I'll meet that person when the time comes, hm? Maybe I'll magically turn into Cinderella by then and get swept off my feet by my Romeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment